Under the focused direction of Senior Management, this manager plans, organizes, oversees and controls SVF Distributors and all other clients including major OEMs, corporate HQs, and A/E's in the assigned region to meet sales objectives; manages distributors, controls expense budgets, assigns quotas, creates forecasts. writes specifications, engages customers and provides training for all entities related to the application of SVF products.
SVF Flow Controls is a leading manufacturer of Flow Control products located in Southern California supplying solutions globally through its network of mechanical and instrumentation distributors. We are focused on continuous improvement and lean processes in order to deliver high quality and expert service to our customers worldwide in every industry requiring excellent performance. We need outstanding people who can provide the dedication and commitment to this mission.
Job Title: Business Development Manager (Regional Manager/Outside Sales)
Reports To: President
Customers: SVF provides technical and business guidance to its Distributors, OEMs, Corporate HQs, and A&Es, serving markets that include: pharmaceutical, chemical, process, food & beverage, aerospace, CNG, power, biopharma.
Under the focused direction of Upper Management, this manager plans, organizes, oversees and controls SVF Distributors and all other clients including major OEMs, Corporate HQs, and A/E’s in the assigned region to meet sales objectives; manages distributors, controls expense budgets, assigns quotas, creates forecasts, writes specifications, engages customers and provides training for all entities related to the application of SVF products.
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Creates , implements and meets sales strategies, goals and objectives for SVF Distributors and all other clients.
- Develops sales strategies with management and accompanies sales personnel on SVF Distributor’s sales calls.
- Trains SVF Distributors, initiates and maintains contacts, develops leads, and profiles product applications, features and competitive characteristics in account development.
- With the direction of Upper Management, negotiates and executes terms, contracts and pricing for sales agreements within company guidelines and in conjunction with marketing and sales management.
- Directly or indirectly holds responsibility for activities producing quotations and processing of orders to be properly executed and managed.
- Evaluates new sales and product opportunities then formulates sales plans, reports and recommendations for presentation to management.
- Communicates sales and marketing philosophy, policies and strategies to SVF Customers at all levels
- Generates various reports on territory and SVF Distributors performance
- Actively involved in Operational Excellence activities and functions
- Routinely engages with A&Es to develop an understanding and preference for SVF.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Candidate must be upwardly mobile
Must demonstrate history of progressive responsibility with experience in sales and management.
BA/BS preferably in a Technical discipline or verifiable equivalent years of directly related field experience.
- As related to SVF Distribution: Sales and marketing principles, concepts, methods and practices; company products, including features, benefits and competitive attributes; sales geography, client organizational structure, sales opportunity management, competitive advantages and product applications; management principles and negotiation techniques; computer hardware and software systems related to sales and marketing applications.
- Operate a computer terminal and related software programs especially Excel.
- Use of tools required in presentations including PowerPoint.
- Formal planning; territory, account and annual sales strategy management
- Excellent written communications
- Plan, organize, manage, coordinate, train and evaluate the work of sales and distribution personnel; establish and exceed territory sales targets; evaluate and implements effective sales and management approaches to increase customer satisfaction, product and Channel Partner coverage and sales; conduct effective training programs and make persuasive and successful oral and written sales presentations; write clear and concise business correspondence, reports and recommendations; communicate and work cooperatively with co-workers, departmental representatives, sales representatives, SVF Distributors, management and customers.
- Ability to do what it takes to be successful which may require extensive travel (within region and nationally) on company business in order to interact with customers, sales and purchasing representatives, sales and marketing management, customers, SVF Distributors and others
- Candidate must be friendly, intelligent, personable, genuine, empathetic, analytical, and self- guided. Must be able to make decisions that are fact-based and strategic. Above all, the candidate must be professional and be able to work in a team environment
SVF Flow Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.